Tuesday, May 8, 2007

19. "C-SPAN Classroom" provides extensive coverage of the 2008 presidential race

eSchool News
http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStory.cfm?ArticleID=6991

Creating a "C-SPAN" Classroom on the internet will allow students and teachers to view video clips, discussions, etc. about the 2008 presidential election. Using this in the classroom would be a great way to learn more about the candidates while using an accurate resource. I think this is an awesome idea to get the youth and teachers involved in the election! In too many situations, the youth do not feel like their opinion matters, but this would help them understand that they should be informed about important elections too. I would definitely use this in my classroom if I taught upper elementary students; I think it is this age when students will make a decision about their role in the community.

No comments: