Tuesday, May 8, 2007

17. Digital Decade

Digital Decade
Education Week
http://www.edweek.org/

My jaw dropped when I saw the statistics about the use of technology in schools only a short ten years ago. I couldn't believe that less than 2/3 of U.S. schools had internet access in contrast to nearly every school in 2007! Not only are computers being used more in the classroom, but also social networking sites and digital whiteboards to get the students more involved with the techonology. With the new integration and utilization of technology in school, I was aware that most states have technology standards but I was shocked when I realized that few schools test to see if the standards are being met. If time and money is going into technology in public schools, I think it's essential to test the gains of integrating technology into the curriculum.